Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Club Scrap "Picnic" Blog Hop

Welcome to the Picnic Blog Hop!

 photo 0614_bloghop_badge_zps6ee8a56b.jpg
 If you have lost your way you can return to Club Scrap Creates blog to see the full list of all the talented bloggers participating today.

So every year my family goes away for a week to what I loving refer to as "camp". Think "Dirty Dancing" just not as glamourous and there is no Patrick Swazye! It is my favorite week of the year as I do not have to cook or make a bed and it is the one week of the year I can do nothing and not feel any guilt! Every year I bring my scrap stuff and have time for myself.  
We are currently at "camp" and I have made this mini toilet paper roll album. This is an awesome project my friend Judy found and it is quick to put together. If you would like to make one you can find it here. I can tell you that my pictures do not do this project justice.

The Club Scrap Picnic Kit was the perfect collection for an album of camp pictures. I just LOVE this kit. It is so bright and happy and perfect for summer pictures! 

This is the album from the front.
Inside you create a paper hing system and then the pages are flattened toilet paper rolls that are just covered with paper.






Since you use toilet paper rolls each page is a pocket that can hold a tag.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your next stop on the hop is to Debby's Blog.
Wishing you a wonderfully creative day!

Anne Marie






20 comments:

Ink Stained Roni said...

I like the idea of "Camp" ~ sounds like such fun...and it would be better if PS was there :)

Love your album and it's cool to use the toilet paper rolls as the pages!

TFS

Ink Stained Roni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annette said...

Adorable project and what a great way to recycle something we always have in the house.

JeniRuth J said...

I did a toilet paper roll project several years ago. mine was held together with D rings. I like the variation of the closed book look! very nicely done.

Karen Wyngaard said...

What a clever album, Anne Marie! I really like how the TP rolls create little pockets for all kinds of treasures. Thanks for sharing!

Hetty said...

I love your album,Anne Marie. Great for a brag book and handy to take in your purse. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I will give this a try.

Kay Williamson said...

Who wouldda thought toilet paper rolls would make such great pockets in your adorable mini album?!?! So clever and cute. Thanks for sharing and glad you take time for that fun week at camp.

Capescrapper said...

Anne Marie, Love your little TP album! So cute and hope you are having a fun and relaxing time at Camp!

Jill P said...

I love these books. Great fun to make

Tricia Morris said...

Well, I've had to collect lots of wine corks for my crafting projects. I guess it's time to collect the toilet paper rolls, too. But the wine cork collecting is much more fun! What a terrific project . . . thank you for sharing!

CathyJGray said...

How fun, I have never heard of flattening the toilet paper rolls for an album, but yours looks great!
Thanks for a new idea (to me).

Carolyn said...

Fun idea and family time!

Unknown said...

This is a fun one, I love the cute pull out. TFS

Lisa Kay--Paper Artist said...

Clever project idea, and I like the "camp" idea, too. Thanks for sharing!

Sue D said...

What a fun camp album!

rettaescape said...

Very cute album!

jandbspiegel said...

What a cute album. Recycling those rolls is a great idea.

Unknown said...

Clever album! Love the idea of upcycling toilet paper rolls. I'll have to do this with my sister in-law.

Donna Nuce said...

I would have never guessed this album was made with toilet paper rolls! Very cute and great idea for recycling. Sorry you got lost on the blog list --

KnitterPam said...

That album looks better than most of the TP roll albums I've seen. Thanks for the cute idea!