Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Paper Dress Return!

 Thanks for joining us on the Club Scrap "London Calling" Blog Hop. If you would like to start from the beginning, click  HERE. If you arrived from Wendy's Blog you are on the right path.


It has been WAY to long since I created a dress for the Club Scrap Blog Hop. This dress was in no way what I had planned. I had sketched my idea a number of times this month but when I sat to recreate the sketch the dress took on a life of it's own and this is the end result.



I knew I wanted a full skirt with toile incorporated with the paper. I originally planned to use my  Cricut to cut petals from the gorgeous London Calling Kit. Instead I used the 12x12 blue print and cut a full page sized flower with my Cricut.



Then I used my trusty hot glue gun to glue the toile to the back of the flower pattern.


I  glued individual layers to my mannequin to create the skirt.



I used a layer facing the opposite way for the top. I added some bling to the waist of the skirt and for a necklace. 






Thanks for stopping by. The next stop on the hop is Lisa over at Rockin Paper Scissors and Glue.
And don't forget to check back on Friday as the Club Scrap Artist Team will be revealing their first ever challenge project. I promise you won't want to miss it!


Wishing you a Wonderfully 
Creative Day!

Anne Marie



19 comments:

Hetty said...

Anne Marie, this is a beautiful creation.
Cheerio.

Annette said...

What a fun creation and the paper flower die cut flower is terrific.

Wendy Bellino said...

So pretty Anne Marie! All that's missing is a tiara!

Tricia Morris said...

It's so great to see the dress making a comeback. I've always adored seeing what you design. This is fabulous!

Jill P said...

It is beautiful!

Capescrapper said...

Anne Marie this dress is too cute! Love it. Thanks for sharing.

JeniRuth J said...

what a great use of the flower diecut!

Rettaescape said...

Oh Wow! How adorable!

Unknown said...

Darling little dress! It is adorable.

Donna Nuce said...

Wow a two-piece dress - perfect for summer! Gorgeous! Have a great day Anne Marie!

Kay Williamson said...

Oh, I just love your paper dresses and this is no exception! Hope you are feeling well and thanks so much for this really fun inspiration!

Lisa D said...

I love the dresses you create! Beautiful!

Queen of Dishing said...

Oooo so cute, rockin the bare middriff this month ;) Love it!

CathyJGray said...

I have missed your dresses, thanks so much for this one, so lovely!

Karen Wyngaard said...

So much fun! We're glad to have you back in the hop!

Carolyn said...

It's really cute!

Classygirl said...

What a cute dress! Such a fun idea!

Anonymous said...

These dresses were always a favorite part of the blog hop for me. I love how creative they are. Glad they are back.

Sheila said...

Beautiful dress...should have been at the Oscars