Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Club Scrap 50s Kitchen Blog Hop

 
 Welcome to the March Club Scrap 50s Kitchen Blog Hop. If you arrived here from Wendy's blog you are in the right place. If not you can return to the Club Scrap Blog and start from the beginning.

  My inspiration for this months project  came from Pinterest when I was creating my 50s Kitchen mood board. I try monthly to create a Pinterest board focusing on the current Club Scrap kit. I have to say I LOVE this kit and found tons of exciting inspiration on Pinterest. Including this:


     I was so excited when I found this party invitation made to look like an old 45 record. It reminded me of one of my prized possessions, my dad's old 45 collection.



So I decided to create a mini album in the size and likeness of a 45.
 

 
   For the covers I cut 7 inch circles from cereal boxes and glued two together for both the front and back covers. I then covered them with the black paper from the kit. I used a 5 inch white circle in the center.


    I was so excited to use the record insert that we received from the Club Scrap Cruisin' Kit back in August 2008! Another of my favorite kits!
 


    I then cut 7 inch circles from the various papers in the kit. I used some black paper to create an accordion fold to bind the album together.



     I am using this album for pictures from our annual family vacation to Pine Lake. It is a family resort in the Catskill Mountains. The pictures match the kit perfectly as going there is like stepping into a time warp. The décor is just like Grandma's house, complete with paneling on all the walls!



Thanks for stopping by! Your next stop on the hop is Lisa over at  Rockin Paper, Scissors and Glue.

Wishing you a wonderfully creative day!
 
XOXO,
Anne Marie

    






21 comments:

Annette said...

Very cute project

Hetty said...

That is all toghether awesome:I love the booklet and the record idea is somuch fun. Cruisin' is one of my all time favourites!!

Ink Stained Roni said...

What fun! The pairing of the record idea with this kit is perfect - such a great retro feel to both :)

Capescrapper said...

Anne Marie, what a clever little book! Thanks for sharing.

Queen of Dishing said...

Love that you pulled out that stuff from the Cruisin kit as well! I bet those records hold a LOT of memories!!

Donna Nuce said...

Oh Wow! Wish I had that Cruisin' kit - my husband drag races and it would be perfect for his photos! But you gave me a great idea with this kit. On a funny note I don't have to look for my Dad's 45's I have my own (showing my age here). My first 45 was the Beatles "Love me do". I still have it and a record player to play it on! Have a great day!

Lisa Kay--Paper Artist said...

What a fun project! Thanks for sharing your creativity--and for reminding us of that great Cruisin' kit!

Tricia Morris said...

What a fantastic way to style your memory book. Love it! (I'm glad we were able to locate those record inserts back in 2008 . . . they were a dying a breed.)

Karen Wyngaard said...

What a clever concept for your mini album. A nice pairing of two of CS's "retro-style" kits!

Unknown said...

What a cute little book!

Wendy Bellino said...

I really like background info on how you came up with the idea! Love that invite! Your album is so 50s! Love it!

JeniRuth J said...

Great job!

Unknown said...

The record album, album is so cute and perfect for this collection. Wonderful, TFS.

Lisa D said...

OMG! This is an adorable album. How fun and clever!

Jill P said...

What a adorable book

Carolyn said...

Totally fun idea! Very nostalgic!

Kay Williamson said...

Wow, your Dad's old 45 collection is so awesome, love that! Great pairings and clever concept, so creative of you!

Unknown said...

What a very cute way to showcase some very special memories!

Sheila said...

Clever idea...brought back memories for me of the 45s that I had. Thank you for sharing.

Scot Martin said...

The principle effectiveness of a residential look that can assist you always keep, ready yourself as well as cause portions diet regime as well as in order to perform like undertakings as with dishwashing.how to remove the agitator from a ge washing machine

Scot Martin said...

This is a really cool post. I love this kitchen. It is completely the style that would fit me.how to remove the agitator from a ge washing machine