Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Club Scrap Transformations Blog Hop

Welcome to the Transformations Blog Hop!

 
 
If you arrived here from Janet's Blog you are in the right place. If you have gotten lost you can return to the Club Scrap Blog and start from the beginning.

September brings the start of a new school year here in Upstate New York. My oldest son started his Senior year of High School this year. He has always had difficulty with the school environment due to having Asperger's. He easily gets overstimulated by the environment and needs lots of encouragement to make it through the school day. I decided to make him some daily inspiration cards for school this year. Just a daily pick me up with a positive message. The Club Scrap Transformations Kit was absolutely perfect for this project.

 
I started by selecting paper from my HPOP (Half Pound of Paper). Then I just had fun. I used the Unmounted Stamp sets to create backgrounds and add sentiments.
I also used the cutaparts from my Greetings to Go to add sayings to some of the cards.
 


For this card I created the background by using the leaf stamp from the Borders and Background Unmounted Rubber. I stamped them in purple and then used some red watercolor paint. I stamped the shell stamp and heated embossed it in black.



 
I send a new card to school each day!

Thanks so much for hopping by today!
Your next stop on the Transformations Hop is Deb's Blog.
You can also check out the whole Transformations collection HERE.


{HUGS}
Anne Marie
 

17 comments:

Hetty said...

What a great MOMyou are. These cards are perfect and I hope your son will have a perfect year
with all this encouragement.

Marie said...

I love these!! So sweet!

Capescrapper said...

What a nice idea, I am sure your son appreciates these little quotes to help him through each day. :)

Tricia Morris said...

This is a great idea to encourage my college girl, too! Way to go, Mom!!!

Annette said...

Such a great idea and love these cards.

Donna Nuce said...

Great way to encourage your son! Beautiful ATCs. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Wonderful idea! Love the variety you came up with.

Unknown said...

It is a challenge to keep children motivated without being a nag. What a sweet and wonderful way to let them know you are there. Something they will cherish. It is the small things that matter.

Lisa D said...

Beautiful and thoughtful! Blessings for the school year!

nancy y said...

These cards are really great, and I bet they will help your son this year. What a great Mom!!

Rettaescape said...

Great idea! Beautiful cards!

Carolyn said...

Great cards!

Ink Stained Roni said...

What a fun creative idea to encourage your son. I'm sure he'll really appreciate them. TFS

Lilian said...

So cute! These are great!!! I want to do the same when my boys go to school!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Kay Williamson said...

Youre a great Mom, I'm sure he'll enjoy those cards and the extra encouragement! Thanks for sharing with us too!

Karen Wyngaard said...

What a wonderful idea! I hope your son is enjoying the daily "pick-me-up".

KnitterPam said...

Love these so much Anne Marie! You get to be creative while uplifting your son at the same time!! Fabulous!!